Clients and the media are now reporting that they are unable to get back control of their houses, cash or other trust assets, as they are unable to contact the company that created their trust. Their situation highlights the huge concerns about the unregulated industry of inheritance planning, with some firms claiming they could protect the client’s assets from care home fees.
When a trust owns the assets, these firms have claimed it may make it more likely that an individual will qualify for local authority help with care fees. However, the trustee of these Universal Wealth Preservation Trusts appears to have been the will writer who created them, and they have now gone out of business leaving their clients stranded and without access to their assets.
Do you have a Universal Wealth Preservation Trust? We have extensive experience dealing with these types of trusts and are advising clients on the best way forward.
If you know anyone else who has been affected by this matter, please feel free to pass this information on to them.
For just £120, QualitySolicitors Bradbury Roberts & Raby offers a unique Ask the Legal Expert service, which is designed to give you the peace of mind, at an affordable price, to take the correct next steps to address whatever legal issue you have.
What’s included for £120?
- Up to 45 minutes with a specialist lawyer to answer your questions or concerns.
- One to one legal advice, either through a meeting (where you can bring a friend) or a telephone call.
- Practical guidance about how the law will impact on your situation.
- Knowledge of your rights and options to help you decide what to do next.
- Perhaps a chance to find out what’s happened with cases similar to yours.
- Straightforward advice in plain English, without legal jargon.
- A choice of how to use the time – advice, questions, help drafting a letter or completing legal forms – it’s up to you.
- A guaranteed price – just £120 including VAT (20%), with no hidden extras.
- No obligation to take matters further.
However, after this initial step you may feel you wish to progress matters further. If required, we would obviously be delighted to act for you and can provide a separate estimate of costs based on our Clear Price Guarantee. This means your lawyer will tell you how much you can expect their work to cost before you agree to go ahead, and if during your case our estimate alters, we’ll let you know in advance.
If you would like further information, please contact Victoria Norman or Sarah Inman of QualitySolicitors Bradbury Roberts Raby on 01724 854000