If an individual has lost capacity then someone may need to be appointed to manage their finances and sell their property or make decisions about their health and welfare. If have not already created a Lasting Power of Attorney or an Enduring power of Attorney then an application will need to be the Court of Protection. BRR Law can make this application for a Deputy for you.

Who can become a Deputy

Any person who is over the age of 18 years and meet the Court of Protections requirement e.g not bankrupt. Commonly a spouse, partner, child or children or other close relative will make the application.