Hospital Medical Negligence Claims
NHS and private hospital medical negligence claims
The care most people receive while they are in hospital is first class but there are occasions when the standard of care falls below an acceptable level and mistakes are made in diagnosing a condition or giving appropriate treatment and aftercare. Mistakes made in hospital can be potentially life-changing and may even be fatal.
If you have been injured as a result of the way you have been treated in hospital, whether NHS or private, or have seen an existing condition worsen or a new health problem develop, you may be a victim of medical negligence. If so, you may be entitled to compensation for any physical or mental suffering and any for any financial costs that you have incurred. The solicitors at BRR Law in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire are experts in the law of negligence in hospitals and can advise you on whether you have a valid claim as well as seeking compensation on your behalf.
Are you eligible for compensation?
If you or your relative have been injured while in an NHS or private hospital, or a loved one has died because of mistakes made in their care while in a hospital, call us today on 01724 854000 for a free confidential chat about how we may be able to help you. As members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) you can rest assured that with our solicitors you are in safe hands. Most medical negligence claims must be brought within three years from the point when a person ought reasonably to have known that he or she was a victim of medical negligence. Therefore it is imperative that you seek expert legal advice as soon as you have concerns.
Funding a medical negligence claim
Depending on the circumstances of your particular case, there may be a number of ways to cover your legal costs, such as via an insurance policy or via a no win, no fee arrangement. We will be able to explain the options available to you when we have the details of your claim.
Why choose BRR Law?
Our team of specialist medical negligence and personal injury lawyers, led by Partner Ian Horner, has in-depth expertise in complex hospital medical negligence claims and has successfully obtained compensation in numerous cases, from failing to properly diagnose a condition to failing to prevent and treat a post-operative infection. We ensure that our clients are compensated for their physical and mental suffering and for any financial implications which arise because of the negligence of a hospital and its staff.
We have experience in dealing with claims against NHS Trusts and private hospitals. Based in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, we help clients throughout the UK with claims arising out of a range of circumstances, including failing to: –
- Diagnose a condition
- Diagnose a condition as quickly as it should have been diagnosed
- Diagnose the correct condition
- Provide the right treatment
- Provide appropriate treatment as quickly as it should have been provided
- Operate when an operation was required
- Carry out an operation as quickly as was needed
We also have experience in claims arising out of: –
- Mistakes made during surgery
- Problems not picked up after surgery
- Administering the wrong medication or no medication
- General neglect in care and treatment
A hospital may be guilty of negligence if someone in the care of the hospital has been injured or died and the cause stems from a failure to:
- Take a full medical history
- Have regard to a patient’s medical history
- Properly examine a patient
- Order appropriate tests
- Interpret test results correctly
- Obtain a patient’s content to treatment or surgery
- Warn a patient about the risks and side effects of treatment or surgery
- Carry out appropriate pre-treatment health checks
- Carry out treatment or surgery to an acceptable level
- Spot problems which arise after surgery or treatment, including the development of an infection
- Provide basic care, such as the provision of food and drink and help with any personal hygiene needs
Do you want to save money?
Call us today on 01724 854000
Services For You
GP Medical Negligence Claims
Care or Nursing Home Medical Negligence
Cosmetic Surgery Medical Negligence Claims
Hospital Medical Negligence Claims
Dental Medical Negligence Claims
Send a message to our expert team and we will be back with you in no time.